|Rate of Fire:||3"+0.4"/Lnchr|
|Rate of Rotation:||90°/0.9"|
The Plasma Launcher is an artillery-style weapon that launches an arcing plasma projectile that creates an area-of-effect explosion on contact with a solid object. Beware the recoil, slow turret rotation speed and slower reload time.
The Plasma Launcher is suited for Aircraft, as it's long-range bombardment should not miss, even if you are flying high in the air. If you are using a plasma aircraft, beware of rails
== Stats == (Steam)
** The TX-1 launcher fires two shots, so if you account for that it actually does 20,662 damage
Edit: Since the upgrade on 06. Sept. 2014 Plasma W-H-L had been decreased.
• Mass can be measured, like all other blocks, on the Precision Scale
These stats are inaccurate as a result of a recent update.
- Burst Fire: 6 Launchers fire at once(Now doesn't shoot all at once due to updates)
- Area of Effect: Blast radius allows for damage around corners and under a robot.
- Long Range/Rapid Accuracy: Degradation of accuracy from movement is minimal. The accuracy closes in fast when stationary.
- Range: Range is roughly half the size of most maps and has been reduced from infinite in a recent update.
- Range : Non steam -> Fog Of War Limit. (other weapons allow to 5% past the fog of war, not the plasma)
- Slow Recharge: Recharge in 2.4 seconds for a single launcher and increase recharge time by 0.4 seconds for every launcher after the first.
6 launchers will (whatever the ammount after it it's 4 sec) have a recharge time of 4.0 seconds (only 6 will fire at once).
- Slow Projectile Speed: While other guns are fired at Hitscan speed, Launchers have significant travel time. Faster bots can see and dodge incoming projectiles.
- Slow Turning Speed: A rotation speed of 90°/~0.9 seconds while SMGs are 90°/~0.25 seconds.
- High Recoil: A single shot will produce significant force.
- High Weight: The launcher is the heaviest weapon for the same tier.
- The amount of plasma that will fire at one time is limited.
- Arc Firing: Projectiles will fire slightly up and then fall back down.
- Cross Pattern Spread: Projectiles will come closer together as they leave the bot until a focal point and then begin to spread apart again.
Combat Strategy Edit
- Shooting while moving increases the spread of your weapon. Use this to your advantage by creating a large blast radius when you are firing from a long distance.
- Firing under a bridge at enemy units crossing it will allow your explosion radius to damage them, even though the bridge is in the way.
- Use of an aerial bomber is highly recommended, due to the accuracy of plasma launchers and the AoE damage they deal. Coupled together with the speed and agility of a plane and you are a force to be reckoned with.